• Fundraiser, Los Angeles School of Gymnastics, Los Angeles, CA (1984-87)
• President, Vancouver Rhythmic Gymnastics Society (Club Elite) (1987-89)
• Board Member, BC Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation (1987-present)
• Vice President, BC Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation (1987-1990)
• President, BC Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation (1989-91 and 2009-present)
• Board Member, Canadian Rhythmic Sportive Gymnastic Federation (1987-2003and 2008-present)
• Rhythmic Gymnastics Judge (International Level Credential) (1990-present)
• Founder/Director, Club Adagio Rhythmic Gymnastics (1990-present)
• Board Member, Commonwealth Games Association of Canada (1996-2003)
• President, Rhythmic Gymnastics Canada (1996-2003)
• Board Member, Canadian Olympic Committee (1996-present)
• Head of Delegation, World Championships, Osaka, Japan (1999)
• Head of Delegation, Olympic Games, Sydney Australia (2000)
• Sport BC Volunteer of the Year Award (2000)
• Delegation Leader for Canadian Rhythmics, F.I.G. Congress, Marrakesh, Morrocco (2000)
• Canadian Head of Delegation, World Championships, Madrid, Spain (2001)
• Canadian Head of Delegation, World Championships, New Orleans, USA (2002)
• Head of Delegation, World Gymnastrada, Lisbon, Portugal (2003)
• Gymnastics Canada National Rhythmic Program Advisor (2004-2009)
• Gymnastics Canada Volunteer Award (2010)
• Recipient of Evelyn Koop GCG aVolunteer Award (2012)
Megan Magid, BC Team Regional Coach, Canadian National Rhythmic Gymnastics Team Coach, NCCP Level 4 Coach and International Brevet III Judge was born in Toronto, Ontario. Megan trained for 12 years as a National and International Level Rhythmic Gymnast both in the U.S.and Canada, until, in 1990, she decided that she wanted to pass on her love of the sport to other young girls. Since embarking on a coaching career, Megan has become one of the most successful Rhythmic Gymnastics Coaches in British Columbia. Megan’s coaching efforts have produced numerous Provincial, Western Regional and National Champions as well as Canadian National Team Members in both Individual and Group. Megan’s track record of producing Champions speaks volumes about the high standards, expertise and inexhaustible creativity that she brings to the gymnasts she trains. Amongst her many achievements, one of the highlights was being named Head Coach for the Canadian National Senior Group in training and participating in the 2007 Pan American Games and 2007 World Championships, this was a first for a born and bred Canadian Coach in Rhythmic Gymnastics!
Megan currently sits on the BC Rhythmic Gymnastics Competitive Development Committee and Board of Directors, GCG National Team Coach Council, GCG Judge Development Working Group and while not travelling as a judge she also dedicates time educating Judges and Coaches as a BC/GCG Course Conductor.
Though their vast combined experience in sport, Megan together with her mother Adrienne and sister Ashley, have been working for years developing a non-competitive physical activity for young boys and girls ages 1-10. The goal was to include aspects of physical literacy in a fun, interactive, exciting environment which allows children to not only learn fundamentals of sport for life, but also to explore the creative aspect of music and dance. Rhythm Gym is a magical combination of gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, music and dance and we are thrilled to introduce Vancouver’s youth to this new fitness phenomenon.